ARCHERY RANGE RULES
1. Non-members will pay the $10 range use fee to use the range before proceeding to the sight in or walkthrough ranges with equipment. There is no charge for children under 12 years old, however all children under the age of 18 will be accompanied by an adult who has paid a range fee or is a UNSC member.
2. ABSOLUTELY NO “SKY DRAWING”!! Bows may only be drawn down range towards the target. NO CROSS LANE FIRING!
3. Shooting line safety: When shooting on the sight in range in particular, check that all archers on the shooting line have stopped shooting and it is clear to retrieve arrows. Call “CLEAR” along the line and wait to proceed until you have confirmation from all archers that it is safe to advance.
4. NO hunting or shooting at wildlife is permitted anywhere on UNSC property!
5. When retrieving arrows from behind targets, leave your box on the hanger at your target lane to signal that you are on the shooting line.
6. Broad Head shooting is only allowed in the Broad Head pit on the left side of the sight in range. You are responsible to supply your own appropriate Broad Head target. No Broad Heads allowed on the sight in target bales.
7. No shooting is permitted when and where RANGE CLOSED signs are posted. RANGE CLOSED signs may be posted at the entry of individual courses to close selected areas of the range or signs may be posted at the driveway to close the entire range.
8. This club is policed by the membership. Non-members will cooperate with the members (displaying a membership badge) for any reason.
9. Shooting is not permitted on the courses after dark. The range is open during daylight hours (8AM – Sunset).
10. Enter the walkthrough course at designated entry points ONLY.
11. NEVER backtrack on the trails of the walkthrough range courses. Always proceed forward on the trails to exit.
12. Shooting is only allowed from within the established shooting lanes. Shooting is not allowed beyond the furthest shooting stake or from the brush and or trees for any reason. Do not trim trees or shrubs near the shooting lanes to make a shot easier. Return all arrows you may find to the range and deposit them in the arrow barrel.
13. PLEASE DO NOT LITTER!!! This includes attaching foreign objects to the carpet bales at a target. Treat all club property with respect. Vandalism and theft will be prosecuted.
14. Please use courtesy at all times on all UNSC ranges. Represent archers and archery in a respectable and appropriate manner. Be considerate of other shooters, practice good sportsmanship and use common sense.
15. While on the shooting line, an archer should not allow themselves or their equipment to interfere with other archers on the shooting line. Keep your area tidy and pick up after yourself!
16. DO NOT insert foreign objects into bails in an attempt to secure a target. If a target is missing or needs attention, contact the caretaker immediately.
MEMBERS AND NON-MEMBERS WILL SIGN IN AT THE SIGN IN STATION BY THE 550 RANGE.